The history of Jesolo is linked to the ancient Equilio, one of the most important towns of the Venetian lagoon throughout the Middle Ages. From the ninth century, a series of environmental and political upheavals brought the flourishing center, also home to a diocese, to decline rapidly.
The slow recovery was thanks to the Venetian nobleman Soranzo, owner of much land in the area, which he built at his own expense, a church, later dedicated to St. John the Baptist and a parish, the oldest of the Lower Piave. Around the village the new church was reconstituted to promote the livability of the area, the Republic of Venice implemented various measures of river diversion, mainly aiming to remove the Piave and Sile rivers, was built in 1499 a canal linking the old bed of the Piave (Sile hours) at present. This cava (cava), who passed for the new country, took the name of Cavazuccherina.
Following Napoleon's conquest of Venice, and the new administrative division of territory, Jesolo (Cavazuccherina) became independent of the class III (December 22, 1807). Chased Napoleon, the Austrians formed a consortium to help improve the areas of the lagoon, now reduced to a swamp ("Passarella Consortium").
The Unification of Italy did not improve the previous situation. During the First World War, the population of Cavazuccherina was forced to evacuate. While the Italians Caposile flooded the area, towards the mouth of the Piave, the Austrians manning the marshland, where malaria and the Spanish flu (fever of viral origin), claiming victims.
Immediately after the war resumed reclamation works, which were prepared by the Consortium of Reclamation of the Lower Piave. The "Great Land Reclamation" was built between 1920 and 1930, were introduced the cultivation of wheat, maize and sugar beet, which were added to the planting of fruit trees and vineyards.
On August 28, 1930 the town was renamed with the old name of Jesolo, and from 1936 the village of "Lower Marine" and "Beach" were named "Lido di Jesolo.
Jesolo Lido hosted in the eighties, in a structure of the Italian Red Cross, a hundred Polish citizens who had sought political asylum in the nineties and about 1400 refugees from former Yugoslavia.